Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Garden Full of Peppers


Can we talk about Pinterest for a minute? I swear, it is simultaneously the greatest, and the worst, social media invention ever created. On one hand, the website gives me tons and tons of ideas for recipes, crafts, fashion, etc.  On the other hand, the website gives me tons and tons of ideas for recipes, crafts, fashion, etc.
Seriously, I have pinned so many things at this point, that I can't even find half of the stuff I need when I actually do want to use it. 
A few months after joining Pinterest, in an effort to be more organized, I realized that perhaps the solution to my problem was more boards with more specific names. I was hopeful that this approach would help me locate my pins a little easier, but in reality, I'm not so sure that worked out as planned, considering I'm still in the process of revamping... All while still pinning several (hundred) new pins a day!
Anyhow, Pinterest has become my go-to place when I am looking for a new recipe to try with ingredients I already have on hand. This past week, my husband and I noticed we now have an over abundance of jalapeños in our garden. We're not upset about it... We love jalapeños, but the overgrowth left us grasping for new and fresh ways to use them.

Thank you Pinterest for leading me to this delicious recipe for jalapeño pesto!!! We've already used this pesto twice this week, once on pasta with grilled chicken, and again on burgers with avocado... It is soooooo good!
The health-nut side of me also decided to try this recipe for Paleo pumpkin muffins this week. They were also really tasty and easy to make. It should be noted that I added a cup of Enjoy Life gluten free chocolate chips to my muffins... I know, slightly less healthy with that addition, but they sure were good!


No comments:

Post a Comment